Join Dr. Barry Atticks and the Music Department during summer 2018 for the Music and Culture tour of Europe! Participants will explore the rich musical history of Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Liechenstein, and Iceland. This program is geared toward students enrolled in Music at Millersville, however, it is open to ALL students who want to experience these amazing countries!
- Day trip to castles in Germany
- Concentration camp tour
- Mozart and Sound of Music tour
- Admission to select museums
- Explore Lucerne, Munich, Saltzburg, and Venice
: July 10 - 24, 2018
November 1, 2017 EXTENDED DEADLINE January 15, 2018
The cost for this program is $2,799
For a detailed cost breakdown, please review the following MU Guided: Europe - Cost Worksheet
This cost includes:
This cost does not include:
- In-country transportation
- In-country activities/excursions
- Some breakfasts at hotels
*If you do not have a passport, you must apply for one IMMEDIATELY. Keep in mind that it takes 4 - 6 weeks to receive a passport.
- International Student Identity Card (ISIC): depending on insurance plan selected
- Transportation to/from US airport
- Passport (How to Apply for a Passport)*
- Personal expenses (souvenirs and other daily expenses)
- Most Meals
- Optional group excursions
||December 15, 2017
||February 1, 2018
||April 1, 2018
Review the detailed payment instructions in the application located on the Global Education Portal.
- Students will be placed 2-4 to a room depending on the accommodations secured.
- Final hotel reservations will be confirmed during winter break. Details will be posted here when available.
Study Abroad Eligibility Criteria
To review the full Millersville University study abroad policy, please view the Governance Manual webpage
- Students must have completed a minimum of 24 college credits (individual programs may have higher requirements) prior to departure. Credit requirements for faculty/staff-led programs (Guided Programs) can be reduced. Students may submit their application for the upcoming study abroad term during the semester in which they complete the minimum credit requirements.
- Students must have a cumulative 2.0 GPA at time of application (individual programs may have higher requirements), and maintain their GPA prior to departure.
- Students must be in good judicial standing. The opportunity to study abroad may be denied based on a student’s judicial standing with the University as defined in the Student Code of Conduct. Judicial standing will be evaluated at the time of the student’s initial application and monitored before his/her departure until the student returns from their experience abroad. A student is required to abide by MU’s Code of Conduct while abroad. Any incidents while abroad that violate MU’s Code of Conduct will be processed by Millersville’s Judicial Affairs Office. If a student is required to withdraw from a study abroad program for academic or conduct reasons, either before or after the program officially begins, no money will be refunded. Note: A suspension from MU encompasses all university activities, which includes study abroad.
- Students must demonstrate the personal maturity, responsibility, cross-cultural understanding, and the stress management skills necessary for a successful study abroad experience.
- Students must pay all applicable fees. This includes but is not limited to application fees, participation fees, and the fee for international health and travel insurance through MU’s insurance provider.
- Students must successfully complete the pre-departure process after approval is granted by Global Education. For students who do not complete the pre-departure process, Global Education reserves the right to revoke their program approval.
Complete an application using the Global Education Portal by clicking "Apply Now" at the top or bottom of this page.
The deadline for completing all application materials is
November 15, 2017 EXTENDED DEADLINE January 15, 2018.
For specific questions about the program details, contact Dr. Barry Atticks for additional information at (717) 871-5297 or email Barry.Atticks@millersville.edu
For specific questions about the study abroad process, contact Global Education at (717)-871-7506 or e-mail Global.Education@millersville.edu.