Join Professor Tony Elliot on a unique three credit travel course, exploring theatre as it developed in the exciting city of London, England this summer 2018! Most class gatherings will be on-site, focusing on first-hand experience (as opposed to lecture) all while leaving students ample time to explore the city. Don't miss this opportunity to discover the rich history of the London threatre tradition!
- Theatre tours
- Globe Theatre
- Royal Theatre Drury Lane
- National Theatre
- Four live professional theatre performances
- Explore London
Course Title and Code:
THEA 217 - Theatre Appreciation (G1) ,THEA 317 - London Theatre Tour (P), OR
3 credit course
Theatre as it developed in London, England. The course, in conjunction with the London Metropolitan University, requires attendance at four contrasting professional theatre performances in London as well as backstage tours of the Globe Theatre, the National Theatre and the Royal Theatre Drury Lane. Offered during summer semester.
June 19 - June 27, 2018
December 1, 2017 EXTENDED Deadline - December, 15, 2017
The cost for this program is $1,900
For a detailed cost breakdown, please review the following MU Guided: England - Cost Worksheet
This cost includes:
This cost does not include:
- In-county transportation
- In-country activities/excursions
- Some breakfasts at hostel
*If you do not have a passport, you must apply for one immediately. Keep in mind that it takes 4-6 weeks to receive a passport.
- International Student Identity Card (ISIC): depending on plan selected
- Transportation to/from US airport
- Passport (How to apply for a passport)*
- Personal expenses (souvenirs and other daily expenses)
- Most meals
- Academic supplies and books
- MU tuition and fees
|$500 (non-refundable deposit)
||December 1, 2017
||February 1, 2018
||April 1, 2018
Review the detailed payment instructions in the application located on the Global Education Portal.
Students will stay in Sir John Cass Hall
in Hackney, a dormitory setting which includes a single bedroom with wash stand, as well as shared kitchen, bathroom facilities and showers. Dorms are within easy travel distance of the public transportation and the Underground (TUBE) Train Line.
Study Abroad Eligibility Criteria
To review the full Millersville University study abroad policy, please view the Governance Manual webpage.
- Students must have completed a minimum of 24 college credits (individual programs may have higher requirements) prior to departure. Credit requirements for faculty/staff-led programs (Guided Programs) can be reduced. Students may submit their application for the upcoming study abroad term during the semester in which they complete the minimum credit requirements.
- Students must have a cumulative 2.0 GPA at time of application (individual programs may have higher requirements), and maintain their GPA prior to departure.
- Students must be in good judicial standing. The opportunity to study abroad may be denied based on a student’s judicial standing with the University as defined in the Student Code of Conduct. Judicial standing will be evaluated at the time of the student’s initial application and monitored before his/her departure until the student returns from their experience abroad. A student is required to abide by MU’s Code of Conduct while abroad. Any incidents while abroad that violate MU’s Code of Conduct will be processed by Millersville’s Judicial Affairs Office. If a student is required to withdraw from a study abroad program for academic or conduct reasons, either before or after the program officially begins, no money will be refunded. Note: A suspension from MU encompasses all university activities, which includes study abroad.
- Students must demonstrate the personal maturity, responsibility, cross-cultural understanding, and the stress management skills necessary for a successful study abroad experience.
- Students must pay all applicable fees. This includes but is not limited to application fees, participation fees, and the fee for international health and travel insurance through MU’s insurance provider.
- Students must successfully complete the pre-departure process after approval is granted by Global Education. For students who do not complete the pre-departure process, Global Education reserves the right to revoke their program approval.
Complete an application using the Global Education Portal by clicking "Apply Now
" at the top or bottom of this page.
The deadline for completing all application materials is
December 1, 2017 EXTENDED Deadline - December, 15, 2017.
For specific questions about the program details, contact Professor Tony Elliot for additional information at (717) 871-7567 or email Tony.Elliot@millersville.edu.
For specific questions about the study abroad process, contact Global Education at (717)-871-7506 or e-mail Global.Education@millersville.edu.