Cost Worksheet VACorps Internship Summer 18
To intern abroad, follow the Internship Process Guidelines
The requirements for international internships, a students must:
- Complete 24 academic credits by the end of the semester prior to interning abroad.
- Maintain a minimum of a 2.0 cumulative GPA through the semester before departure. Individual placement organizations and your home academic department may have higher requirements.
- Obtain approval by your major/minor academic department as well as by both the Office of Global Education and the Office of Experiential Learning & Career Management through completed the process for the "Request for Academic Internship Form" located here: ELCM Steps for Internship
- Meet all deadlines and application/paperwork requirements.
Volunteer Adventure Corps is an organization dedicated to helping students grow as professionals in their chosen field, within one specific city. They coordinate internships placements in Cape Town, South Africa. They can accommodate most levels and areas of education instruction. For more information, videos and testimonials visit their webpage: Volunteer Adventure Corps Website
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Some of the Internship Categories are:
- Business & Finance
- Film & Photography
- Human Rights
- Occupational Therapy
- Custom Internships!
OVACorps housing is located in the colorful and vibrant neighborhood of Observatory, Cape Town. All houses are conveniently located close to grocery stores, restaurants and public transportation. VACorps partners with several local housing providers to offer a range of fully-furnished accommodation options suitable to any participant’s living needs.
Program Housing is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis, so participants who join the program well in advance of their intended starting date will often get their first choice of housing.
- Fully- furnished accommodations arranged before arrival
- Optional Meal plans available