4. Upon Return
Upon your return you become a study abroad alumni. Congratulations! There are a few more things for you to be aware of and a lot of opportunity to stay or get involved with Global Education on campus. See below for more information.
- Complete all Returnee items in your Portal
- Participant Survey
- Transcript Processing: Your transcript will be processed in the Office of International Programs & Services and NOT the Registrar's Office. This process can take up to 6 weeks once the transcript has arrived. Please mail all transcript copies to our office.
- Join the Alumni Facebook Page
- Apply to be a Global Ambassador
- Join Global Marauders Club
- Complete the Study Abroad Return Survey (Will be entered into a raffle for a prize)
- Participate in the Photo Contest (Prizes for chosen winners)
- Pick Up Your Graduation Cord (During the semester you will graduate)
Study Abroad Transfer of CreditYour host university/program should send transcripts directly to the Office of International Programs & Services and NOT the Registrar's Office. If your Transfer of Credits Form matches the courses listed on your transcript, the IPS Office will process your transcript within 1-2 weeks. However, if the Transfer of Credit form needs to be updated, it can take up to 6 weeks complete.
If you took any classes that were not listed on your original Study Abroad Transfer of Credits Form and you did not revise it while you were abroad, there will be a delay to get your credits posted to your Degree Audit Report. If this is the case, you must contact your Program Coordinator directly for further instructions. Your transcript cannot be processed without your Study Abroad Transfer of Credits Form being revised.
Photo ContestDid you take great photos? You could be one step away from being the next Photo Contest WINNER! The MU Campus cannot wait to see YOUR FANTASTIC PICTURES! We strongly encourage you to enter the contest, which is a great way to show off some of the amazing images you've captured during your time abroad.
- Marauders Abroad: Photos of you and/or other MU students on your program abroad.Photos of you and/or other MU students actively participating in a volunteer, service-learning, or internship opportunity OR photos of you "in action" in some other exciting way.
- MU Spirit: Wearing a Millersville t-shirt in a photo? Holding up an MU banner or showing off your Skully? Show us your MU themed photo.
- Landscapes and Landmarks: Photos that show the natural and urban wonders of your host country and the places you've visited.
Global Ambassador Program
What is the Ambassador Program?
Consider becoming a Global Ambassador! This professional program is designed to help connect global interests and experiences at Millersville. You will have the chance to work with MU’s international student population and a chance to help globalize your campus by sharing your stories and encouraging others to study or intern abroad. Great for portfolios and resumes!