Stage 4: While You're Abroad
Keep in touch with your Program Coordinator!Connect with GlobalEd! #MUGlobal
Checked in with MU and your family? Make sure you let Global Ed. and your family know that you have arrived safely and that you are okay.
Check your Marauder Mail lately? This is how all important information is communicated by MU and Global Ed. so don't forget to check it on a regular basis.
Class schedule finalized at your host university? If you take any classes that you did not get an equivalency for on your Transfer of Credits Form, make sure to email your Program Coordinator and academic advisor right away! Having an accurate Study Abroad Transfer of Credits Credits Form will expedite the processing of your transcript so that your Degree Audit Report will show your classes and grades for your semester abroad and help ensure that you make academic progress.
Keeping a blog or journal? Don't forget to tell us about your experiences. We love to hear from you!
Photo ContestAre you taking great photos? Don't forget to use your camera because you could be the next Global Ed. Photo Contest WINNER!
Check out these contest categories:
- Marauders Abroad: Photos of you and/or other MU students on your program abroad.
- Marauders in Action: Photos of you and/or other MU students actively participating in a volunteer, service-learning, or internship opportunity OR photos of you "in action" in some other exciting way.
- Skully Abroad: Where has your Skully been? Make sure Skully is smiling in each of these photos!
- People and Culture: Photos that truly capture the essence of the people and culture of your host country and the places you've visited.
- Landscapes and Landmarks: Photos that show the natural and urban wonders of your host country and the places you've visited.
Intern at Global Education!Already thinking ahead about how you can make your study abroad experience work for you after you return home?
Anthropology, Business, Communications, Government, International Studies and Sociology, Public Relations Majors
If you are any major other than what is listed above, you should contact your academic advisor(s) ASAP and ask if they would be willing to grant you credit for the internship. Make sure to send them the job description! Global Education only accepts students who would be interning for academic credit.