Financial Aid Appeal
Students who have studied abroad for the academic year or spring semester, may need to complete this form in Late May/Early June to ensure that you will receive FEDERAL financial aid for the coming school year. If you do not plan to receive federal financial aid, you do not need to complete this form.
How do you check if you need to do an appeal?
1) If you did not make SAP, you will receive an email from the Office of Financial Aid and it will be stated on your MAX account. We strongly encourage you to check the financial aid section of your MAX account for the upcoming year in mid/late May to determine if you are identified as not making SAP.
Why do you need an appeal?
1) The release of federal financial aid for the following academic year may be delayed while Millersville awaits the receipt of your academic transcript from the international institution.
2) Millersville University cannot confirm that you have made “Successful Academic Progress” (SAP) in May, for the previous academic year without the transcript, thus your financial aid may be placed on hold until the transcript is received.
How to complete the appeal form?
1) Your statement should say: “The reason I have not made significant academic progress is due to the timing of my study abroad experience. During the (timeframe of study abroad: (example Spring of 2015)) I studied abroad through Millersville University Office of Global Education in (location). My semester in (location) ended in (enter date). I expect my transcript will arrive and be processed in August or September which will show my proof of academic progress & earned credits during that time. Thank you for your consideration in advance.”
2) For additional documentation we recommend you add a copy of the study abroad acceptance we emailed you from our office.