Health & Safety Abroad
The following information has been developed to provide useful practical guidance to study abroad participants. Although no set of guidelines can guarantee the safety needs of each individual, these guidelines address issues that merit attention and thoughtful judgment. Read and carefully consider all materials that relate to health, legal, environmental, political, cultural, and religious conditions in the host country.
While there is inherent risk in international travel, Global Education does our best to mitigate risk and emphasize student safety by:
- Working with trusted partners and providers overseas.
- Training our faculty and staff in best practices abroad.
- Keeping aware of world news and political situations.
- Monitoring all US Department of State advisories, alerts, and warnings.
- Having emergency on-call staff.
- Maintaining an Emergency Hotline 24 hours a day/7 days a week/365 days a year.